Case Studies

Born a premature baby, Meet regularly got fits, which led to a delay in his physical development. When he was one-and-a-half years old, Meet was admitted to the District Early Intervention Centre as he could not speak properly, hold his neck straight, sit or stand properly. ⁣⁣⁣⁣
He was diagnosed with cerebral palsy with tightness of both the lower limbs and delayed milestones. At the Centre, Meet was treated by paediatric orthopaedics and physiotherapists. After extensive treatment for over five years, he is now able to stand and walk independently.

With continued treatment, he will soon be able to attend school! ⁣⁣⁣⁣

A few years ago, young Zakwan displayed several complications after his delivery via caesarean section.

While he was treated successfully at the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, he was diagnosed with cerebral palsy, developmental delays, and sensory issues.

At the age of one, Zakwan was brought to the Early Intervention Centre.

He was unable to hold his head steady and could hardly move any part of his body. Zakwan was immediately put on rehabilitation, leading to a steady recovery.

Today, at the age of four, Zakwan is full of life and is able to stand and walk independently. His treatment continues but his progress so far has been phenomenal!

Born with an abnormal external tumour at the base of his spine, young Vivan was admitted to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The tumour was filled with cerebrospinal fluid, and rupture of this tumour could have led to paralysis or even proven fatal. A highly complex surgery was performed by a dedicated team of surgeons to remove the tumour and ensure recovery.

A few months after discharge, we conducted a follow-up visit to ensure Vivan’s recovery, only to find a healthy seven-month-old Vivan happily playing with his toys!

Somabhai Ganvit, a resident of the Asura village in South Gujarat was brought to the hospital, suffering from intense pain in his upper abdomen.

He was experiencing convulsions and heaviness upon even small intakes of food. Medical tests diagnosed him with an inflammation of the pancreas and detected the presence of stones in the pancreatic duct.

After a major surgery that lasted about six hours, Somabhai recovered speedily.

He walked out of Shrimad Rajchandra Hospital as a healed and relieved man.